Flytec Balloon 4:USB mode
To access files stored on your Flytec Balloon 4 is very easy. When you connect it to a computer, it works like a USB memory stick and gives your direct access to all the files.
Establishing the USB connection
- Switch your Flytec Balloon 4 off.
- Connect the Flytec Balloon 4 to your computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Open the drive labelled FlytecBalloon on your computer (in most cases, this will open automatically).
Now you can access the Flytec Balloon's drive contents.
FlytecBalloon drive contents
- config (folder): Unused at this time
- flights (folder): Here you find the Google Earth files of your flights. You can drag and drop these files onto your computer, or open them in Google Earth with a double click.
- igc (folder): Here you find the IGC files of your flights. You can drag and drop these files onto your computer and view them in a suitable program of your choice. See the data evaluation section for a list of programs that process IGC files.
- system (folder): In the rare case of a malfunction, our support technicians may ask you to send the vario's technical log file for trouble shooting - this is where you find it.
- updates (folder): Software update files are stored here.
- FB_Actualizer (program): Run this application every now and then, to ensure your Flytec Balloon 4 runs with the most recent software.
- Eject (sometimes called 'disconnect safely') the Flytec Balloon 4 from your computer
- Unplug the USB cable
Battery use during USB connection
Batteries are not charged and your Flytec Balloon 4 consumes battery power while it is in USB mode. Do not leave your Flytec Balloon 4 connected to your computer for an extended period of time, as this will drain your battery.
Re-export of flight recordings
If you accidentally delete a Google Earth or IGC file from your Flytec Balloon 4 while it is in USB mode, don't worry. The last 100 hours of flying are still stored in the Flytec Balloon's internal memory, and you can manually export it from the vario's internal flight log.