Connect 1:Data management
Your Connect 1 works like a USB stick - plug it into your PC or Mac and the drive CONNECT_1 appears on your computer. The drive contains the following folders:
- airspaces: This is the folder for your airspace files. At the moment this folder can only contain files in OpenAir format, which you can simply drag and drop from your computer into the folder. Here's more information on where to download airspace files and how to display them on your Connect 1.
- config: Your configuration data is stored in this folder. You should normally not have to manipulate it.
- flights: This folder stores your IGC files, i.e. your recorded flights. You can drag and drop these files onto your computer and view them in your personal flight log. On our page data evaluation you find some tips and tricks on what you can do with your IGC data.
- log: A log of your instrument's activities is kept on your Connect 1. We might occasionally ask you to send us your log file for trouble shooting.
- waypoints: This folder contains your waypoint files. For compatible formats view the waypoints page for the Connect 1 and how to create coordinates see planning a route.
USB mode - write protection
When connecting the Connect 1 via USB cable, it enters "USB mode", for which you can set a write protection in the Config mode. We recommend to enable the write protection, when connecting your vario to an unknown computer, for example to take off your IGC file at a competition.
Notes: We recommend to always safely remove (PC) or eject (Mac) your CONNECT_1 drive. In USB mode your Connect 1 is not charging.