Flytec Balloon 4:IGC
The Flytec Balloon 4 records every flight in IGC format, ready to view on your computer right after landing.
Accessing the files
- Connect the Flytec Balloon via USB to a computer
- Wait until the FlytecBalloon drive appears
- Open the IGC folder
- Copy the desired file(s) onto your computer for further processing
Note: The file names are in the format <flight date>-<pilot name>-<number if more than one flights on that day>.igc
A number of online and offline programs exist that process IGC files.
B record format
The B records in IGC files recorded by the Flytec Balloon 4 follow the offical specification, with an additional field at the end: The last three digits contain the envelope temperature in °C.
- B | 001545 | 3540746N | 10556928W | A | 02031 | 02116 | 105
- 001545: time is 00:15:45 UTC
- 3540746N: latitude is 35°40.746' N
- 10556928W: longitude is 105°56.928' W
- A: GPS reception is good
- 02031: baro altitude is 2031m
- 02116: GPS altitude is 2116m
- 105: envelope temperature is 105°C