Flytec Balloon 4:PersonalSettings/en
This section explains how to adjust your personal settings for the Flytec Balloon 4.
Accessing personal settings
The UTC offset is set in hours, from -12 hours to +14 hours.
Available languages are:
- German ("deutsch")
- Spanish ("espanol")
- French ("francais")
- Italian ("italiano")
Enter the pilot name, using the text input mode.
Enter your balloon's ID. That can be any text, we recommend the official matriculation. This will show in all flight recording files. Inside the Settings menu, select Balloon ID and press to get here.
Enter the balloon ID, using the text input mode.
During first start-up, you selected either the metric or USA basic unit set. Here we show you how to individually adjust each unit type to your preference. The units set here are used in the various indicators, as well as in the Google Earth file. Inside the Settings menu, select Units and press to get here.
- m: altitude is shown in meter.
- ft: altitude is shown in feet.
- m/s: vertical speed is shown in meter per second.
- fpm: vertical speed is shown in feet per minute. The numeric vario will show 1/100*fpm. The graphical vario currently still indicates m/s, we are working on resolving that.
- km: distance is shown in kilometer.
- miles: distance is shown in international miles (1 mile = 1.609344 km).
- 24h: times are shown in 24-hour format (e.g. 17:33).
- 12h: times are shown in 12-hour format (e.g. 5:33 pm).
- km/h: horizontal speed is shown in kilometers per hour.
- mph: horizontal speed is shown in miles per hour.
- kts: horizontal speed is shown in knots.
- hPa: pressure is shown in hecto-Pascal.
- inHg: pressure is shown in inch of mercury.
- °C: temperature is shown in degree Celsius.
- °F: temperature is shown in degree Fahrenheit.
Defines whether or not the Flytec Balloon 4 emits a short beep every time a key is pressed. Inside the Settings menu, select Key tone and press to get here. Use to adjust the value. Select one with or cancel with .
- off: no key tone.
- lower: key tone at a lower volume than the vario tone, but at least 25%.
- standard: key tone at the same volume as the vario tone.
- louder: key tone at a higher volume than the vario tone, but at most 100%.
Defines the screen contrast. Depending on the ambient temperature, this may need to be adjusted to ensure good screen readability. Inside the Settings menu, select Contrast and press to get here. Use to adjust the value. Select one with or cancel with .
The contrast is set from 0 to 15, default is 6.
Defines how the battery voltage translates to the the battery level indicated in the status bar, and at what voltage the low battery alert is emitted. Inside the Settings menu, select Battery type and press to get here. Use to adjust the value. Select one with or cancel with .
- In flight: Flight recording starts once launch has been detected, and includes the five minutes leading up to that moment. This is the recommended setting.
- Always: Flight recording starts immediately after a first GPS fix has been acquired.